At the new year, Stephanie asked if I had had any resolutions for 2016 and if I was setting any new ones for 2017. Although I had never articulated this resolution as such, I realized that getting physically fit was my 2016 goal. I did indeed achieve this goal after completing my first half marathon on April 20, 2016, registering for the Eat Smart Move More Weigh Less program through the State Health Plan, and implementing mindful eating into my weekly routine.
My 2017 resolution was already set for me. I was scheduled for my last 3 car payments, I’d just started an occasional new job for supplemental income, and I was a few months into my new salary of $42,500. It is now time to get financially fit. Two months after this conversation, I’ve articulated my 2017 goals (as well as being generally happy and healthy!) below:
- FINANCIAL By the end of 2017, I will own my car, have no credit card debt and I will have accumulated $3,000 in savings.
- ACTIVE In 2017 I will run at least 520 miles (10 miles/week), and participate in two community races which are greater than 5K in length.
- FITNESS By the end of 2017, I will will have a BMI under 25 –> weight 140-145 lbs.
- ACADEMIC By the end of 2017, I will have 12 credit hours toward my Masters in International Studies.
- PROFESSIONAL At the end of 2017, I will still be employed with the Global Training Initiative at NC State.
- LINGUAL At the end of 2017, I will still be conversational in both German and Chinese.
- PERSONAL At the end of 2017, I will still be living with Teddy and Beemer.